Google Drive is the most popular cloud storage platform. Google Drive has a native app for Android and iOS devices along with a synchronization app for Windows and Mac PC. The Google Drive app for Android has more features while the iOS app has limited features due to various restrictions by Apple.
The popular Dark Mode feature is not yet available for iOS devices but can be used in Google Drive App for Android. But if you wish to use Google Drive Dark Theme on your iPhone or iPad mobile, then you can use this workaround.
Though there is no Dark Mode Theme for Google Drive App for iOS Devices, you can use a Siri Shortcut to directly open the Google Drive web link as a Night Mode theme.
This is only a workaround method and not a native Gdrive application or any setting.
Enable Night Theme on Google Drive for iOS
Here is the Small Guide to use Dark Mode Theme on Google Drive App for iPhone and iPad Mobile Using Siri Shortcut
Step 1. Download Mozilla Firefox browser from App Store.
Step 2. Open the browser and open the drive.google.com.
Step 3. Log in with your Google Account and Password.
Step 4. The Google Drive Mobile Web View will open which is more or less similar to the iOS mobile app.
Step 5. Now click on the three horizontal lines from the bottom dock menu.
Step 6. Turn the toggle ON to ‘Enable Night Mode’.
Step 7. This will turn the Google Drive web into a dark theme.
How to Add GDrive Dark Mode Shortcut to Homescreen?
Here is a small Guide to add Dark Theme Google Drive Web to Homescreen using Siri Shortcut
- Copy the Google Drive web URL link from the Firefox app. (We will need it later)
- Open Shortcuts App from the iOS app drawer.
- Here click on the + icon.
- Tap on Add Action
- Now click on Web
- Scroll and look for Open URLs under the Safari option.
- Now type
firefox://(paste the google drive URL copied)
- Click Next
- Give a name to Shortcut and hit Done
- The shortcut will be added to the Shortcuts app.
- Here click on the 3 dots horizontal icon on the created Shortcut.
- Now click on the Share icon
- Click on Add to Homescreen
- Click on Add to create a home screen bookmark
- Done! the night mode URL will be added to the home screen for quick access.
- Open the shortcut to access the URL directly from the home screen.
This is a temporary solution and the shortcut may fade away if you remove the Gdrive tab from firefox.
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q)
Does Google Drive App have Dark Mode for iOS?
No! There is no dark mode or night mode theme option for Google Drive on iPhone and iPad Mobile.
Can I use Dark Theme on Google Drive for iOS?
Yes! You can use Night Theme on Google Drive web view using a Browser that supports night mode e.g Firefox.
Does Google Docs Support Dark Mode for iOS?
Yes! Google Docs have started supporting dark theme for iOS devices.
I hope the post was helpful, enjoy Dark Theme on Google Drive App for your iPhone and iPad OS with this small tweak for iOS devices.