There are quite a few cloud storage services that a general user could opt for. However, when it comes to professional workspace, Box is usually the go-to choice. The ability to effectively manage all the content management directly on the clouds as well as the ease of file-sharing have made it the preferred option for the developers.
However, there are still a few issues that business and backend developers seem to be facing. And the “box error redirect_uri_mismatch” error is among the most frequently occurring ones. If you are also getting bugged with this issue, then this guide shall help you out. Given here are the detailed instructions to rectify this error once and for all. Follow along.
The reason for Box Error: redirect_uri_mismatch
So what does this error actually means? Well, the redirect URI that you have set up should be in line with the detail that you are entering during the authentication process. Even a slight mismatch between the URI that you input during the initial setup phase and the one that you are typing in the OAuth process will straightaway result in the redirect_uri_mismatch error.
In other words, when you provide a different value, then your app/console will match it with the information that you have provided in the development stage. Since it isn’t a registered value, it wouldn’t be to carry forward the authentication process. For example, if your website is abc.com and you have redirected the authentication to redirect_uri=https://www.abc.com/user1_redirect.
Now Box will first check your site’s URL (abc.com) and if it matches, then the user will be redirected to the specified page (/user1_redirect). However, if the records don’t match, then the authentication will fail and you will get the redirect_uri_mismatch error. So this would have given you a decent idea as to why you were facing this issue. Let’s now check out the steps to fix it.
How to Fix Box Error: redirect_uri_mismatch?
- To begin with, head over to the Box Developers website.
- Enter your credentials and log into your Dev account.
- Now click on the Edit Application button next to the Content API app that you are about to integrate or are currently using.
- Scroll down to the OAuth2 Parameters section and check the value entered next to redirect_uri.
- Make sure that it is the same that you were entering during the OAuth process.
- If that is not the case, then modify the details accordingly so that both the values are in sync.
- You may also consider using the boxsdk-YOUR_CLIENT_ID://boxsdkoauth2redirect for the redirect URI, just make sure to replace the YOUR_CLIENT_ID keyword with your actual ID.
- On the other hand, if you want to manually redirect the user to the authorization URL, then use the below syntax (replace the [xx] values accordingly):
- When that’s done, save the changes, and then retry the Authentication process. You should no longer get the error message.
So with this, we conclude the guide on how to fix the “box error redirect_uri_mismatch” error. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned instructions, let us know in the comments section.