Google Drive for Web, Google Drive for Android, and Google Drive for iPhone all these services work differently but have the same motive. As compared to the web and android, Google Drive on iPhone is not very palatable compared to use. You can download the files on your iPhone from Google Drive but there are a few limitations like you cannot download multiple files from Google Drive on iPhone, nor can you download folders from Google Drive App.
Today in this post, I will talk about all the methods to download Google Drive Files and also Multiple Google Drive Files on your iPhone and iPad Mobile.
Steps to Download Google Drive Files on iPhone
With the steps below you can download files from Google Drive to your iPhone and iPad mobile, and you can access the files using 3rd party viewer or Files App on your mobile. In case you want to download media files like videos and images directly onto your iPhone Camera Roll then you can follow the link below ;
Here are Simple Steps to Download the Google Drive File on your iPhone and iPad Mobile for Offline Viewing.
Step 1. Open Google Drive App on your iPhone.
Step 2. Look for the file you wish to download.
Step 3. Click on the 3 dots horizontal icon to open more options.
Step 4. A menu option will open.
Step 5. Here click on the Open in option.
Step 6. The file will download and prepare the export.
Step 7. Now a new window will open, here click on Save to Files.
Step 8. Select the location to save the downloaded file. Done!
Download Photos from Google Drive to iPhone gallery
If you want to download photos and videos from Drive to your iPhone Gallery or Photos app, then you can use the method below. Unlike the above method, the images are directly saved to the Photos gallery and not saved on iPhone.
- Open the appropriate file in Google Drive and tap the 3-dot menu at the top-right.
- Tap “Send a copy” from the list.
- Select the “Save Image” or “Save Video” from the options.
- Now open the Photos app and find your photo or video in the All Photos or Recents album.
Download Google Drive Files Using iPhone Browser
Here are the Steps to Download Files from Google Drive Web your iPhone Browser
- Open Safari Browser on your iOS Mobile.
- Log in with your Google Account (If the is restricted).
- Now open the shared link on your iOS browser.
- Click on the download button at the top.
- The file will be downloaded and opened in a new tab.
- Now click on the Share button at the bottom.
- Click on Save to Files.
- Here select the location to save the file Done!
- You can access the downloaded file from Files App .
Download Multiple Google Drive Files on iPhone Storage
Here are Simple Steps to Download Google Files Files on iPhone Storage Using Files App
- Open Files App.
- Open Google Drive Folder.
- Look for the file to download to iPhone Storage.
- Click on the menu option from top.
- Click on Select to select file/s.
- You can also select multiple files.
- Click on the menu option at the bottom.
- Click Copy the file.
- Now go back to Files App main page.
- Open iPhone Storage.
- Select the folder to paste the file.
- Long press on empty space and paste the copied files.
- The device needs to have an active internet connection to download the pasted files in iPhone Storage.
Here are the best methods to download Google Drive Files on iPhone Mobile. You can also download multiple google drive files on your iPhone and iPad Mobil using these 3 best methods that include, Google Drive App, Web Browser, and Files App available for free.