iPhone offers an option to backup app data, messages, settings, purchase history, photos & videos, and other related data to your iPhone. iPhone does not offer a backup feature to upload files from your iPhone to iCloud; you have to manually perform the operation to store your valuable files to Apple storage.
If you want to upload iPhone files like documents, PDF, videos, or any other files to your iCloud Drive account from your iOS device, then here are three of the best methods available. You can try any of the methods listed; all you need is an active internet connection for the methods to work.
Method 1. Use Files app to Transfer Files
Using the iPhone Files app, you can directly transfer the files from your iPhone storage to iCloud drive. Here are the simple steps you need to follow;
- Click on Apple ID on iPhone and Turn ON iCloud Drive from Settings.
- Open the Files app on your iPhone.
- Click on ‘On My iPhone.’
- Select the files to copy to iCloud.
- Now open iCloud Drive and select the folder to paste the copied files.
- Long press to paste the file and hit Paste here.
- The files will be backed up to iCloud; just keep your device connected to the internet.
Method 2. Save Files to iCloud Drive
You can use this method to instantly save the files to your iCloud drive by simply sharing the file to store the file to the cloud storage.
- Open the file.
- Click on the Share button.
- Select Save to Files.
- And add the files to iCloud Drive.
Method 3. Using iCloud Drive Site
You can also use the iCloud drive website on your Safari browser or chrome browser on your iOS device and directly upload the files to your storage account.
- Open iCloud.com on Safari.
- Log in with the Apple account.
- Open iCloud Drive and click on the upload icon.
- Select the files from iPhone Storage.
That’s it; with these simple methods listed above, you can directly upload files, documents, and other media from your iPhone mobile to iCloud Drive storage. If you are facing any issues or need any further assistance, please comment below; we are more than happy to help you.