OneDrive is the cloud storage and backup service offered by Microsoft. It provides file hosting services and synchronization services, manages the data of its customer, and makes it available whenever required.
Microsoft OneDrive offers you 5 GB of storage space free of cost, along with 100GB, 1TB, and 6TB storage space options available either separately or with an Office 365 subscription. Downloads are subject to the following limits: 250GB file size limit; the total number of files limit: 10,000; folder size limit: 200 files.
OneDrive does not offer the option for a direct link or native link for a one-click download, but you can use a simple tweak to get a direct download link for OneDrive File.
Create a OneDrive Sharing Link
These steps will make sure that the file is public sharing, else if it is restricted then the user may not able to download the file and an error will show up.
- Open OneDrive and log in with your account credentials.
- Look for the file for which you want to create a direct download link.
- Select the file and click on the Share button.
- Make sure the permission is set to Anyone with the link. Done!
Create OneDrive Direct Download Link
Click on the Embed button for the selected file.
A new window will open on the right side, if asked, then click on Generate HTML embed code.
An iframe HTML code will show up. Copy the code.
<iframe src="https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=046F98F130BB20EA&resid=46F98F130BB20EA%21126&authkey=AHJcI70Nnwis9eY&em=2" width="476" height="288" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
Here only copy the URL from embed code;
In the URL, change the
download, paste the modified URL in the browser, and hit enter. The file will be directly downloaded.
Use MatixCDN to Get OneDrive Direct Download Link
Matrix CDN is a cloud-based service that offers users to create a direct download link. All you need to do is to paste the Sharing URL in Matix and a one-click direct download link is generated.
- Go to the MatixCDN OneDrive link generator page.
- Copy the OneDrive File Sharing URL. Make sure the Link is public.
- Paste the URL in the Matix URL box.
- That’s it, a direct download link will be generated. Copy the link and use as you wish.
That’s it you can download the OneDrive files directly with a single click using this native download link using this methods listed above.