Fire Stick TV or Fire TV Cube is a Smart TV Console developed by Amazon that runs on Fire OS, a forked Android OS version. It offers all the basic features of Android TV with Amazon’s own proprietary features. The only significant difference is in the software department where Android TV uses Google services, and Fire TV utilizes Amazon’s services.
There is no standalone Google Drive app for Fire TV. But if you wish to stream and play videos stored in Google Drive on your Fire TV without downloading the video, then there is a small trick you can incorporate.
Steps to Stream Videos Stored on Google Drive in Firestick
Here is the Simple Guide to Stream and Play Videos Stored on Google Drive on your Fire Stick OS, Fire TV, and Fire TV Cube.
Step 1. Create Google Drive API
You need a Google Drive API Key for streaming the video. The API key is needed to create a Google API URL link to play videos on Fire TV without downloading. You can follow this Guide to Create Google Drive API Key.
Step 2. Create Sharing URL Link
- Now look for the Google Drive files that you wish to play on Fire TV.
- Right-click on the file and click on the Get link
- If the link is restricted, select Anyone with the link.
- Copy the Sharing URL
- Paste the Sharing URL and copy the File ID and save it somewhere safe.
Step 3. Create the Google API Link
- Open Notepad and enter the following Google APIs URL.
- Paste the file id copied in the <file id> section and API key in the <API Key> section (without any <> symbol).
- Copy and Paste the URL created somewhere safe.
Step 4. Download VLC Player and Stream
- Search VLC in Fire TV Home.
- Download and Install the VLC Player
- Open the app and click on Browsing and then click on Network Stream
- Paste the URL created in step 3 and hit enter.
- The Google Drive Video will start playing within few seconds.
Video Tutorial Guide
If you wish, you can watch the video below for a detailed guide showing API Key creation and URL tweaking to play GDrive videos on Fire TV.
With this simple trick, you can Stream Videos Stored in Google Drive on your Fire TV Stick without Downloading the video using VLC Network Streaming Feature and Google Drive API.