Google Drive for desktop is one of the most useful applications developed by Google that allows the user to access all their Google Drive files on the PC. The app is compatible with windows and Macbook. With the drive for the desktop app, you can sync all your My Drive files and folders with Windows File Explorer and Finder. The guide to syncing drive files with Finder is already available.
Here is the simple guide to Sync all your Google Drive files with Windows File Explorer using Drive for Desktop app.
1. Steps Install Google Drive for Desktop on PC
Google added a dedicated client for Windows, and it is an ideal utility to backup machines in the cloud storage. Let me show you how to download the Drive for Desktop on your Windows 11/10 PC.
We have to install the setup file, then configure the account to make it fully functional.
- Download Drive from the official website and run it as administrator.
- Choose the options, then click on “Install” to continue.
- Let Drive install packages.
- Click “Sign-in with browser” to login into the Google account.
- Enter the email address or phone number and click on “Next” to proceed further.
- Enter the password, then click “Next” to proceed further.
- Click “Sign-in” to log in Google account.
- Once the login is a success, you will see a confirmation message on the browser.
- Now the app is installed and successfully logged in with your Google account.
2. Steps to Sync Google Drive to Windows PC
Here is the Detailed Guide to Sync all your Google Drive My Drive Files and Folder to Windows 11/10 File Explorer.
- Click on the Google Drive icon located in the Tray.
- Click on the gear icon.
- Choose “Preferences” to view more options.
- A new window will open. Here click on the option Google Drive.
If you select Stream Files, it will store My Drive files in the cloud only. The files are stored in the cloud only and do not consume space. They are made available offline only when opened or saved offline.
The Mirror Files Store all My Drive files in the cloud and on your computer. Access files from a folder on your computer/ All files are automatically available offline.
- Select the Stream Files or Mirror Files according to your need.
- The Google Drive files will appear on your Windows 11 PC.
- Open “This PC” or “My PC” and then click the “Google Drive” partition.
- Click “My Drive” to view the Drive contents.
- All data saved in Google Drive My Drive appears on the screen.
Here is the Detailed Guide to Sync all your Google Drive Files and Folder with Windows File Explorer to Access all your My Drive Files inside your Windows PC.