A web-based presentation tool created by Google, Google Slide allows users to create, format, and integrate presentations with various themes, thousands of fonts, videos, animations, and more.
However, with time, you may have taken full advantage of the wide assortment of fonts and are trying to figure out how to add custom fonts to Google Slide.
In Google Slide, you have a couple of options for adding custom fonts so that you can make your presentation with the perfect font. Here are the best options available to change or install custom fonts in Google Slides on Windows, Web Browser, MacBook, Android, or iPhone.
Use Font Menu to Find & Use More Fonts
If you just want to access some extra fonts that are not shown up in the font selection window, then you can easily do so by following these steps.
- Head to docs.google.com/presentation and open your presentation.
- Click on Insert and select a Text Box in case the Slide is blank.
- Now place your cursor inside the text box; a Font menu will show up on the toolbar.
- Click on it, and here click on More Fonts.
- This will open a new window where you can search for the fonts which you want to add to the font section of the Google Slide.
- Select the font and click on the OK button. The chosen font will be added to the main fonts section of the Google slide.
Add More Fonts to Google Slide With Add-Ons
You can also add custom fonts to the Google Slide with third-party add-ons such as Extensis Fonts.
Extensis fonts have a collection of more than 900 fonts; also, it keeps updating its library with new and trending fonts released by Google.
Here is how to access the ever-increasing font library of the Extensis fonts on Google Slides.
- From the header section of the Google Slide, click on the Add-Ons button.
- Search for the Extensis Fonts.
- Click on the Install button.
- This will lead you to a new dialogue box where you need to click on the Continue button to confirm your installation request.
- On the next prompt window, you need to provide the Google account credentials that you are using to access your Google Sheet account.
- As a final step of the installation, you will be able to see a dialogue box guiding you to access the Extensis fonts in Google Slide.
- Click on the Add-ons from the toolbar, and a menu will appear displaying a list of all the installed Add-ons. Click on Extensis font from that list, click on it and tap on the Start button.
- Now a list of the fonts will appear on the right side of the Slide; select which you want to add to your presentation.
Change Font in Google Slides on Mobile
You can change the font in the Google Slide app on Android or iOS Mobile. Though there is no option to add custom fonts, you can change the fonts in Presentation App.
- Open Google Slides App.
- Open the PPT slide to edit.
- Now click on the text.
- A format icon will appear on the screen.
- Click on it and open Fonts.
- Here select the Font.
That brings us to the conclusion. As you have learned, there is no way to add your fonts to the Google Slide. However, there are two ways through which you can extend your choice of fonts.
First, one is to head to the More Fonts section and choose the most appropriate keywords from the list. Second, install an add-on called Extensive fonts.
I hope you enjoyed reading this blog.