OneDrive is the popular cloud storage offered as a default file storage by Microsoft. The app helps you backup PC files to the cloud and also syncs the OneDrive files with Windows 11 PC. Though the software is generally stable and works seamlessly being a Microsoft product itself.
OneDrive is an excellent product that helps you store all your important files in the cloud. But many users report facing issues with the app. Mostly the users face error codes, sync issues, or connectivity problems. The best solution to fix these issues is to reset the OneDrive.
Resetting will not delete any of your OneDrive files stored but will only reset the settings and give the OneDrive desktop client a fresh headstart. You can again set up the OneDrive to backup & sync files and use the software on your Windows 11 PC without a problem.
When to Reset OneDrive?
- If you are facing issues with syncing or backing up the files.
- If the OneDrive app is not functioning properly.
- You see some error codes.
- Internet or Connectivity issues.
Steps to Reset OneDrive in Windows 11
- Press the Windows + R key at the same time. This should bring up the Run dialogue box.
- Type in the following text into it and hit enter.
If you see a “Windows cannot find…” message, copy and paste this instead, then press OK.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
- Now the OneDrive should reset its settings. Resetting OneDrive disconnects all your existing sync connections. You won’t lose files or data by resetting OneDrive on your PC.
That’s it you can reset OneDrive and fix the sync problem or other issues with your OneDrive App on Windows 11 PC.