Google Drive is the most robust Cloud Storage and file hosting platform available in the market. Developers also use Google Drive as a hosting platform due to its ease of access. Google Drive allows the users to create a one-click direct download link for the files but GDrive has some limitations on how often you can download the file and also restricts the size of the file for generating a download link.
If the file is large, you cannot directly download the desired file and it will give you a virus warning page ‘‘Google Drive Can’t Scan this File for Viruses‘. To download the large Google Drive files directly without any warning page then the best solution is to use a Google Drive API. This will skip the warning page and create a direct link for the Google Drive sharing file.
To do so you need two things;
- Google Drive Sharing Link URL
- Google Drive API Key from Google Console (Free)
Step 1. Generate Google Drive API Key
Google offers a cloud console tool for developers and users for cloud computing services like data management, creating apps, developing or hosting websites, online services, and other tools. You can use this free tool to create an API Key for your Google Drive, this key will come handy to create a download link for large files.
- Open Google Cloud Console, which is a freemium service offered by Google.
- Log in with your Google Account and Password to access the Clouse Console.
- Once successfully logged in, you will be taken to Google Cloud Dashboard Homepage.
- Tap on the Project icon to create a new project.
- Here create a New Project
- Give the project a name, location, and hit Create.
- Click on 3 horizontal lines on the left sidebar to open the menu option.
- Here click on APIs & Credentials and Open Library.
- An API Library page will open, here look for Google Drive API and click to open it
- Click on Enable button to Turn ON Google Drive API
- Once enabled, click on Manage.
- Open Credentials Tab
- Select Google Drive API from the drop-down menu for Credential Type.
- Select User data and click Done.
- Now tap on +Create Credentials on the top of the page.
- An API key will be generated, copy the key and paste it somewhere as we will need it later.
Step 2. Get Google Drive Sharing Link URL
- Now look for the Google Drive file that you wish to download directly without any warning.
- Right-click on the file and click on the Get link
- Here select anyone with the link.
- Copy the Sharing URL
- Paste the Sharing URL and just copy the FileID and save it somewhere safe.
Step 3. Create the Direct Download Link
- Open Chrome and enter the following Google APIs URL.
- Paste the file id copied in the FileID section and API key in the APIKey section.
- Hit Enter and the file will start downloading without any warning page.
With the simple method above you can create a direct download link for your Google Drive file to download the large file without virus warning.
With this Simple Drive API trick, you can download any large file directly without any intermediate warning page. The method is safe and works smoothly.
If you have any queries or issues, please comment below, we will try responding to your query within 24 hours.